At the pre-opening bell, the frontline index S&P BSE Sensex opened in green with a gain of 129.82 points or 0.18 percent. By 9.15 am, the index stood at 71,626.14 signifying a gain of 30.65 points or 0.04 per cent over its previous closing.
In the pre-opening session, the healthcare sector had a 0.86 percent increase, consumer durables saw a 0.73 percent rise, and services saw a 0.55 percent increase.
During today’s pre-opening session, Grasim Industries Ltd., Life Insurance Corporation of India, and Easy Trip Planners Ltd. were named the Top Gainers of BSE.
An S&P BSE business called Grasim Industries Ltd. had a 10.00% increase in trading to Rs 846.55 per share. Following the release of the company’s impressive financial results for the quarter ending December 31, 2023, the stock increased.
Here are some important facts about Grasim Industries Ltd.
- Grasim Industries Ltd is one of the flagship companies of the Aditya Birla Group. It was founded in 1947. It is one of India’s largest private companies with a market capitalization of over Rs 100 crore.
- Grasim is mainly engaged in the production of short viscose fibers, chemicals, cement and financial services. It is the world’s largest producer of viscose with a production capacity of more than 1 million tons per year.
- The company has a significant presence in the cement industry through its subsidiary UltraTech Cement, which is India’s largest cement producer. Other subsidiaries include Aditya Birla Capital, Aditya Birla Renewables and Aditya Birla Chemicals.
- In FY22, its total revenue was Rs 78,000 crore and net profit was Rs 7,500 crore. The company has a strong presence across India with 13 manufacturing plants in industries like viscose, chemicals, and cement.
- Grasim is listed on the NSE and BSE and is a constituent of the Nifty 50 and Sensex 30 stock indices. Grasim has a current market cap of over Rs 120 crore, making it one of the most valuable companies in India.
Life Insurance Corporation of India rose 6.39 percent to Rs 1,149.95 per share. The company has increased its stake in Navin Fluorine International Limited from 24,97,139 shares to 35,05,347 shares, which corresponds to 5.03% to 7.07% of the company’s paid-up capital. Here are some important facts about Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC):
- LIC is India’s largest life insurance company with over Rs. Total assets are 36 trillion rupees.
- It was formed in 1956 by amalgamation and nationalization of 245 life insurance companies in India. The Indian government owns all of LIC. It has policies worth over Rs 100 crore and LIC policyholders worth over Rs 30 crore. It has the largest market share in new business premiums in the Indian life insurance segment at over 60%.
- LIC has more than 13,000 offices across India and employs more than 1,000,000 people, making it one of the largest employers in the country. It has various insurance schemes like endowment, indemnity, pension schemes etc. and meets the requirements of every consumer group. LIC’s brand value is over $17 billion worldwide, making it one of the most valuable insurance brands.
- It has a network of over 1.3 million agents called LIC Advisors who help you find new policies. LIC has a huge portfolio of over Rs. 40 trillion rupees are being invested in infrastructure, stock market and other areas.
- The company, which has been listed on the Indian stock exchanges since May 2022, completed its largest IPO to date with an investment of Rs 1,000 crore. Rs. 210 billion rupees. LIC continues to play a pivotal role in the growth of the Indian life insurance industry and economy.
Shares of Easy Trip Planners Ltd rose 4.31% to Rs 53.05 apiece on the S&P BSE. The company has announced that it has received in-principle board approval for its latest project: a luxury five-star hotel in a prime location in Ayodhya, strategically located near the iconic Shree Ram Mandir. Here are some important facts about Easy Trip Planners Ltd.
Easy Trip Planners Ltd is an online travel agency based in Delhi, India.
Established in 2008, it offers various travel related services like flights, hotels, buses, trains on its website. Some of its popular brands include easytrip.com, sastiticket.com and Holidayiq.com.
- In FY22, Easy Trip’s total revenue was Rs. 4.61 billion and the net profit was Rs. 101 million crowns. It is listed on NSE and BSE stock exchanges. As of 2022, its market cap has crossed Rs. 65 billion rupees. The company has no physical offices and conducts all its business through online platforms.
- Easy Trip is one of the few companies whose business has grown during the COVID-19 pandemic. It has a strong influence in domestic air ticketing with a market share of more than 15%.
- The company also offers bus booking services through its subsidiary Easygaadi. Easy Trip was founded by Nishant Piti and Rikant Piti, who continue to lead the company as co-founders and directors.
The company has more than 500 employees and processes more than 2 million transactions annually. It aims to expand into international tickets, hotels, and holiday packages.
Disclaimer: This article is for reference only and is not investment advice.