An X-rated video of Drake performing a sex act was trending on social media on Tuesday, but the Canadian-born rapper seemed to have a humorous reaction to the incident.
When Drake’s name became the hottest word on X, Kick streamer Adin Ross, who has previously appeared in videos with the rapper, recorded a voice note that he claims he sent to Drake. “We just look at S -. Like the crazy brothers, just as they cursed the brothers. “Rose laughed at the vote. “You’re lucky with your voice, you’re lucky with the show, you’re lucky to be who you are, you’re lucky to be No. 1, but you’re also lucky to have a damn rocket.”
A few minutes later, Rose announced that Drake texted him and included “eight laughing emojis.” The streamer also claimed that Drake said he might save the voice memo and He used it as an introduction to his upcoming album.
Neither the rapper nor his crew have confirmed if the video is actually of him or if he sent Ardyn Rose’s response. Just a few weeks ago, X made a concerted effort to remove AI-generated deeply fake album footage of Taylor Swift from the platform. Elon Musk’s website, once called Twitter, also temporarily made his name not searchable on January 1. 27 in an attempt to protect Swift’s likeness from abuse.
Elon Musk’s website, once called Twitter, also temporarily made his name not searchable on January 1.
The 37-year-old rapper made headlines a few days ago for criticizing the Grammy Awards ahead of Sunday’s ceremony.
Before the ceremony, Drake wrote on his Instagram Story: “Remember all the incredible artists, this show is not facts, just an opinion from a group of people whose names are being kept secret.” “Literally. You can Google it. Congratulations to everyone who wins in hip-hop, but this show doesn’t define our world,” he added.
As of 2022, Forbes estimates Drake’s net worth to be around $250 million, making him one of the richest and highest-earning rappers ever due to his diverse business ventures and continued commercial success in music.
How is Drake rich?
Here are some of the main ways Drake has amassed his wealth and become one of the richest rappers:
- Music sales and streaming – Drake’s albums and singles have sold extremely well globally. He’s had numerous chart-topping, multi-platinum albums that earn significant royalties over time.
- Touring – Drake’s tours consistently sell out some of the largest venues in the world. His concerts are major money-makers.
- Endorsements and business deals – He has endorsement partnerships with companies like Nike, Apple Music, and Sprite. These lucrative deals have paid him millions.
- Apple Music deal – In 2018, Drake signed an exclusive licensing deal with Apple Music said to be worth over $200 million.
- SiriusXM deal – He owns a 60% stake in a new SiriusXM channel called Sound 42 after signing a $100 million deal.
- OVO brand – Drake owns the successful OVO record label and clothing line, which provides additional revenue streams.
- Real estate investments – He owns numerous properties in Toronto and Los Angeles worth tens of millions collectively.
- Investments in startups – Drake has stakes in companies like Anthropic and Live Nation Entertainment.
What song made Drake famous?
- The song that really broke Drake onto the mainstream and launched his fame was “Best I Ever Had” in 2009. Some key context:
- Drake had released some prior mixtapes in the late 2000s that gained him buzz in the underground hip-hop scene.
- “Best I Ever Had” was the breakthrough single from his debut studio album Thank Me Later, released in 2010.
- The song reached the second position on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, becoming his highest-ranking single at that time.
- It was a very popular song that was liked by both hip-hop and pop music fans. The catchy melody and Drake’s singing-rapping style were very accessible.
- Videos of people dancing and singing to “Best I Ever Had” became really popular on social media, making the song even more successful.
- The single established Drake as a major new talent and helped propel Thank Me Later to debut at #1 on the Billboard 200, making Drake the first ever solo male artist to have a #1 album with no prior charting singles.
- “Best I Ever Had” remains one of Drake’s signature songs and is widely seen as the track that took him from promising newcomer to global superstar.
Does Drake have a wife?
So while Drake had prior buzz, “Best I Ever Had” was truly the breakout hit that made him famous worldwide. It was his commercial and critical breakthrough success.
- No, Drake does not have a wife. He has never been married. Some key details:
- Drake’s dating history includes relationships with Rihanna, Serena Williams, and Sophie Brussaux. But he has never married any of them or anyone else.
- In 2017, Drake confirmed he had a child named Adonis with Sophie Brussaux. However, they were never married. Drake and Brussaux have had an on-again, off-again relationship.
- There has been some speculation that Drake and Rihanna dated casually for years, but they were never in a committed relationship or married.
- At age 35, Drake has maintained that he is not ready to settle down and get married. He has said in interviews that marriage and family commitments do not fit with his current lifestyle as a touring musician.
- To date, all of Drake’s high-profile relationships have been unmarried and non-exclusive. He remains single and has never walked down the aisle.
In short, Drake has a child, but he has never officially married any of his past partners or girlfriends. He continues to be unmarried as of 2022.